Depression is a mental health disorder that negatively affects the way of thinking, feeling as well as acting. It is characterized by a depressed mood or loss of interest in activities.
It drains your energy, interest and hopes to do stuff that can make you feel better. Likewise, depression can cause significant impairment in your daily life.
When depression keeps you away from living the life you want to live, you should seek help. The diagnosis of depression is must be needed as this can become a severe issue with time. You can consult a doctor or mental health specialist for diagnosis. From therapy to medication to a healthy lifestyle, u can cure depression in many ways.
Just as no two people get affected by the same reason, likewise treatment can also not be the same for two. What helps one person might not necessarily help others too. So, instead of curing your depression of others’ way of treatment you must consult a doctor or mental health specialist.
* Before going straight to the therapies you must keep the following tips in your mind to cure depression sooner and in a better way.
- You must learn about Depression as much as you can.
- Keep patience as it takes time to find the right treatment.
- Relying on medication alone will not be helpful. Must focus on exercise, therapy, etc.
- You should be committed to your treatment.
- Exercise is a must to cure depression.
- Try to talk to people as well as sharing your feelings will also help a lot.
- Do things that make you feel good like listening to music, watching movies, reading, etc.
* Depression is a curable illness. Hence, you can get out of with come treatment and self-care.
* There are three components of managing depression.
* They are:
It includes discussion of practical solutions as well as educating family members about the illness and all about it.
2. DRUG TREATMENT
Medication helps to cure the illness in lesser time.
It is the most important component of the treatment. Type of therapy depends upon the suggestion by the doctor as per your severity, type of depression. It is also known as talking therapy.
* Some of the psychotherapies therapies are given below:
1. Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
It is a talk therapy focuses on modifying negative thoughts, behavior along with emotional responses. Psychological distress is responsible for depression. This provides a tool kit to challenge negative thoughts and tries to change the way a depressed person sees the world.
It generally works with mild to moderate depression and usually lasts for three to four months.
2. Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
On the other hand, IPT therapy tries to improve your communication skills and pattern of communicating. It also works on improving the way you relate to others.
IPT analyzes the way you interact and by finding the problems that interaction creates, it tries to correct them too. Therapy usually takes place from two to four months after that you have to visit your therapist for monthly follow-ups.
3. Psychodynamic Therapy
The focus of this therapy is on gaining insight into how your emotions affect your behaviors. This therapy usually works with CBI or IPT or after the treatment gets over.
This therapy lasts for a longer duration than others. It may take several months to years for curing depression by this therapy.
With a proper consultation from a doctor and treatment, you can cure your depression. Also, self-care and self-love will help you to diagnose better. Treatment will take some time to cure depression of roots and for that, you must keep patience and remain positive.