Understand the Causes of Sleeplessness
“Insomnia is an indication, not chaos. Its like ache. You’re not going to provide a patient ache medicine without figuring out whats reasoning the pain.” ~ Judith Owens
- Sleep is equally important for your health just like a healthy diet and regular physical activity. However, the modern stressful lifestyle has lead to serious sleep issues like sleeplessness. Medically termed as insomnia, it is an exceedingly common ailment. Despite that, it often goes unrecognized and untreated for the entire life of the patient. Although, it results in devastating effects on both your mental and physical health. Still, it is often ignored until the time it leads to life-threatening circumstances.
- At most, people try to get relief by means of sleeping pills which further deteriorates their sleep issue. In fact, they come with serious hazards and side effects, which many people don’t recognize. Even if these risks are overlooked, it doesn’t cure the ailment. In fact, it is exceptionally important to evaluate the real cause of your sleep issue in order to determine an effective remedy.
- Sleeplessness can result from various physical, medical, psychiatric, or environmental factors. In most cases, it is just a symptom of some severe mental or physical ailment. Hence, it is crucial to pin down accurately the root cause of this concern. This alone can guide in treating it effectively.
* Understand How Sleeplessness Impacts You
- Apart from nutrition and exercise, sleep contributes equally to your health and overall well-being. In fact, it is a basic necessity just like eating, drinking, and breathing. Despite its significance for a healthy and productive life, it is often ignored until it turns into a serious health concern. In other words, sleep issues have become a common public health concern. Although a lot of people face this problem at some point in their lives. Still, they don’t talk about it. This is because the problem has persisted for so long that it has become a normal part of life. Besides, they have a notion that it must be dealt with alone, all by themselves.
- Moreover, the worst part is they tend not to recognize its effects on their physical, mental and emotional health. On the contrary, they consider resulting health problems as separate issues. All this further complicates the entire situation. However, the truth is that sleep issues are responsible for a number of other difficulties. For instance, physical and mental health problems, injuries, loss of productivity, and even greater risk of death. In fact, chronic health problems like heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, obesity, decreased immunity, hormonal imbalances and mental health issues like anxiety, depression, etc. are linked to it.
- Hence, in order to fully comprehend sleep issues and develop an effective treatment plan, it is important to evaluate its impact on your life. In short, you must have a deep insight into its potential hazards to keep yourself protected against it.
* Understand Sleep Cycle
- While it is true that you need a sufficient amount of sleep in order to maintain a healthy mind and body. However, that alone will not suffice. To put it differently, you need a sufficient amount of quality sleep for leading a healthy and productive life. This requires you to fully understand its various aspects. In short, a conscious understanding of sleep patterns and functioning is essential to enhance the quality of your sleep. As a matter of fact, it allows you to reap maximum benefits from your sleep. Moreover, it can effectively guide you in resolving your sleep issues.
- Although, people usually think that sleep is a passive dormant state when your mind and body are at rest. However, experts confirm that this is the time when our mind and body works to restore and revive itself. According to psychologists, during sleep, our brain undergoes four different stages of a full cycle that lasts for 90 to 110 minutes. These stages involve two distinct groups namely, REM(Rapid Eye Movement) and non-REM. This cycle repeats itself 4-5 times during the entire sleep. In short, a complete understanding of this cycle can help you to get more restful and restorative sleep.
Get Your First Session Absolutely Free
At VCare Therapy, we are here to listen as you express yourself, which helps you to heal and rejuvenate.
- Your first session is absolutely free.
- We have trained and licensed counsellors.
- Active and non-judgemental counsellors are available 24/7.
- You can register yourself and book an appointment in a matter of seconds.