“Overthinking is parasitic. It’s viral. It’s deadly, even. Letting yourself fall victim to overthinking doesn’t just kill your happiness, it destroys who you are. The mind is a beautiful and complex thing, and the only person who can hurt it is yourself.” ~ Genereux Philip
* Stop Overthinking Over Your Life’s Purpose
- Sometime or the other, we all doubt about our identity, our life’s purpose and meaning. However, these are usually passing clouds in our journey of self exploration and maturity. But, if these thoughts start to integrate in our personality. Then, it is a sign of serious mental health condition termed as Identity Crisis. While, there are a lot of reasons responsible for the same. But, overthinking over your life’s purpose is closely tied with Identity Crisis. It makes you vulnerable to the dangers of identity crisis in the very first place. Additionally, it is an important symptom and factor that deteriorates your mental health.
- Overthinking over your life’s purpose is exhausting and creates a lot of issues in your life. It drains out all joy and happiness from your life. In fact, it completely ruins your entire life. Hence, it is essential for the upkeep of your mental health to stop overthinking over your life’s purpose. In order to preserve your sense of identity, you must learn to deal with toxic, self-demeaning thoughts and overthinking habits.
* Stop Judging Yourself
- Self-evaluation is necessary for one’s growth. But, only when accompanied with love and compassion. However, harsh and severe judgements doesn’t help you in any way. Rather, it leads to serious mental health issues including identity crisis and other disorders. In fact, individuals are considered their own worst critics.
- Negative self-judgement arising out of irrational and partial perception is a serious concern. It leads to all sorts of emotional issues and other complications. It is responsible for low self-esteem and mental disorders like identity crisis, depression etc.
- Hence, you must realize that your self-perception plays an important role in your well-being and mental health. You must understand that judgmental thinking will not help you. You should learn to replace these toxic judgemental thoughts with positive and healthy thought patterns. Invest in self-love and forgive yourself for your mistakes.
* Strengthen Your Sense of Identity
- Self-doubt can be challenged only with a strong sense of self. A robust and well grounded sense of self-worth and identity holds the key to your mental health. During the testing times of rigorous self- questioning, a strong sense of self can keep you anchored. In short, a sense of self- worth is an important tool to cure identity crisis.
- You must realize that it is your responsibility to prepare yourself in the best possible way to deal with life’s challenges. Hence, learn and adopt ways to nurture your sense of self. It begins with acceptance towards yourself. In the very first place, explore your true potential. That means, learn about your strengths, weaknesses, values, beliefs, dreams etc. and acknowledge them. In short, bring out your authentic self.
- Positive self-talk and introspection can help you in this process of self-awareness. Deal with your fears and insecurities and treat yourself compassionately. You must believe in your capabilities and unlock your true potential. You should find ways to further your personal growth. For this, sharpen your existing skills and learn new ones.
- All this will contribute in building a strong and balanced sense of self-identity which is essential for your well-being.